Wednesday, March 02, 2011

So Long to Ya, 2010

This post has been a long time coming, but here's my work for the Year in Review short "So Long to Ya, 2010." This was a really awesome short to work on because it was collaborative and we really got to work with our hands a lot. Puppets, sculptures, set building, lots and lots of visual development... I worked on a little bit of everything for this one, which was great.

Our former Governator himself- Arnold!

Some sculptures I made for one of the scenes- General McCrystal and Hamid Karzai, who was holding a big sack of money.

Rahm Emanual, our former White House Chief of Staff, in concept and final puppet form. (Puppet by Mr. Mike Chiechi.)



The Incorrigible Glenn Beck.

A scene concept for when they sing about Immigration.

Some concept for the Healthcare Repeal.


Some character concept work on Vice President Joe Biden.



I also painted the JibJab logo to go with Mike's JibJab guys puppets.


This was some of the most fun I've had working on a short. I'm currently working with Mike on a new project, too, so prepare for more awesome puppet madness soon. Here's the short in it's entirety!

4 comments:

Daniel Woodling said...

I loved watching this video and I absolutely adore your drawings for this! Thanks for the bolt of inspiration!

Bobby Pontillas said...

This looks like the funnest job evar.

Israel S said...

Pure awesomeness.

Marcos Cohen said...

These were awesome!